Banana Bread Recipe, GF, Dairy-Free
Apr 04, 2020
This Banana Bread is delicious, nutritious and will bring so many smiles to those around you. I am very sensitive to gluten so all my baking is gluten-free. However if you know you can consume gluten products feel free to use flour or regular oats. It will save you money, but for us sensitive bellies - it's worth spending a little extra on these ingredients.
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 whole egg
- 3 Tbsp avocado or coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup dairy free milk
- 1 1/4 cup LSA mix
- 1 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1 1/4 cup gluten-free oats
FOR SERVING optional
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and line a 9×5-inch loaf pan with baking paper.
- Mash banana in a large bowl. Add all ingredients through dairy free milk and whisk vigorously to combine. Last add LSA mix, gluten free flour blend and oats and stir.
- Bake for 1 hour. When ready, it should feel firm and be crackly and golden brown on top.
- Let cool completely before cutting or it will be too tender to hold form.
- Serve with butter and honey or as is. Store leftovers in a covered container for up to a few days. Slice and freeze for longer term storage.