Paleo Granola with Cinnamon and Honey
Feb 21, 2021
I like this recipe because it is gluten free and food prep friendly. Making this batch of granola lasts the whole week to feed me and my other half! Cooking in bulk saves not only money but time!
It makes your home smell delicious and it packed with a variety of nutrients!
Having a goof course of fat for breakfast keeps us satisfied, fuller for longer and our brains off to a great start!
- 2 cup raw almonds
- 2 cup raw cashews
- 2/3 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 2/3 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil
- 2/3 cup honey
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 & 1/2 cup dried cranberries or goji berries
- Preheat oven to 140 °C
- In a food processor or blender, add almonds, cashews, and coconut flakes to chop into small pieces. Do not over blend.
- Heat coconut oil, honey, cinnamon and salt over medium high heat in a large saucepan, for about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Then add seeds, nuts and coconut flakes and stir to coat.
- Spread granola mixture evenly onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and add dried cranberries, may need to press into granola mixture.
- Allow to cool for about 20 minutes or until hardened. Break apart granola. Store in an airtight container or mason jar for up to 2 weeks.