I love this recipe because it is absolutely delicious and easy to cook. It's a matter of throwing the ingredients into a slow cooker and walking away. I had to share this recipe because I have been using it for food prep every day for about 4 weeks straight without being bored and that goes for my partner too!
I cook seasonal veggies as a meal filler and to add more nutrients into my lunch. I cook rice for my partner who is fussy with vegetables. You can make it suit your own individual needs/preferences by switching up your sides.
Makes about 6 serves.
8 small Chicken Thighs, deboned
6 Tbsp. Salsa
1/4 cup GF Soy Sauce or Tamari
1 Tbsp. Fish Sauce
2 Tbsp. Rice Vinegar
1 tsp. Onion Powder
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
2 tsp. Ginger Powder
2 Tbsp. Chili Garlic Paste
1/4 cup PB2 or Peanut Butter
Juice 1 Lime
1/2 cup Cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup Coconut Oil
1. Place chicken thighs in the bottom of the slow cooker.
2. In a bowl, mix together all of the ingredients, then pour over the chicken. Use your hands to cover the chicken with the sauce.
3. Cook on low for 5-6 hours, or high for 4 hours.
4. Remove lid and shred the chicken.
5. Cook for another 60 minutes on low, or 30 minutes on high.